Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Make a Collage Card Hastypearl



Make a Collage Card

Hastypearl


Some of you may know, that my husband and I 
just celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary.
Wow! Where does the time go...really?

I thought I would show you how I made a simple Collaged Card for him.
You probably already have the supplies to do one.

I keep blank cards and envelopes around. 
They are very affordable at places like Michaels or Hobby Lobby 
and Im sure many places online.

I like to build my card on a piece of watercolor paper that is just a little smaller 
than the purchased blank, so just decide how large you want that to be and cut it out.



(picture was a little dark as it was early in the morning...sorry )

I recently took a bit of time out of a day, to sort my ephemera papers by colors.
As you can see, the collection that I selected for my card,
 was mostly black, white and golds.
Admittedly, colors that show up in my art all of the time.



Larry loves to fish, so I found a Fred Mullett fish stamp.
You've heard me say before...his stamps are great...and so realistic.


I tore off a piece of paper that would show off the 
fish stamp and would be featured on the card.



I lay out all of the ephemera in blocks, until I got them like I wanted them 
and then used a glue stick to adhere them to the piece of watercolor paper.


For some texture, I stamped over the pieces with one of Fred's leaf stamps.
I used a metallic gold. 
Not that easy to see, but added some interest.
I splattered some black ink and scribbled some numbers.
Larry speaks numbers.
I do not.
;)




I turned the finished piece over so that 
I could see the outline of the piece of paper and cut off the overhanging paper 
which gave it a crisp edge.
Then, I glued it to the card face, with the glue stick.



Time to write in the card and sign it!



I slipped it in its envelope and it was ready to go.
All of this took way less time, than it would to go to the store,
 and settle on a card that says something that I wouldn't ever say...



When you meet someone when you are a teenager, 
and stay with them for the rest of your life, 
your pictures cover a lot of years.
These start with a banquet that we went to when I was probably just 16.
40 years is a long time...

and

a lot of cards :)




I recently hosted an art workshop in my home, for Crystal Neubauer.
This technique was similar to what she taught us, 
but not unlike what I have done in the past.

I will blog about that Amazing Workshop, soon...

Happy Happy to YOU and all of the Anniversaries that you will Celebrate this year.
Pull out your scraps and glue sticks and make your own cards...

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I love that you do...
:) Laura

ps...I've listed some new things over at hastypearl Etsy.
I hope that you will keep me in mind for you 2015 gifting!   









No comments:

Post a Comment