Sunday, August 2, 2015


Photography Learning Curve

Hastypearl





Understanding Exposure
How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera 
by Bryan Peterson


If you had ever told me, that the hardest part of opening an Etsy shop was going to be the photography, I'm not sure I would have even been educated enough to argue with you.
Now, I know better:)
Anyway, I march on.

I wanted to share with you, a book that Anne Christian Lory's
suggested to me.
I've read it through, thoroughly and now, am going back through
it and taking notes.
I'm guessing that I will do that a number of times.


As another bold step, I've taken the first part of a beginner photography class at the Camera Exchange, in San Antonio.
(also a suggestion of Anne's. I don't know what I would do without you, Angel Anne :)  

I was VERY thankful, that I had read this book first.


To practice what I had learned to date,
I made myself shoot only in Manual Mode,
while we were just in Colorado.
Shooting the same scene, over and over,
while changing the settings helped immensely.
There is Nothing like repetition to bury something inside us.


Anyway, I just thought that for those of you
struggling with your photography,
I would share.

Plus, I JUST now figured out how to blog on my IPad,
which is another thing that has baffled me.


I ask you one final question...
Why do our children grow into wonderful adults and
contribute to our society and yet leave us at home,
to figure all of these things out for ourselves:)


Just listed some terrifically massive vintage scissors over at hastypearl etsy,
HTTPS://www.etsy.com/shop/hastypearl
(Curious to see if that will be a link when I publish...if it doesn't, pop over to Etsy.com and type in Hastypearl...until I figure out how to make a link on my IPad :)
Or, you can see a button on the right side column that will take you there!



Hope you will head over and see what you think:)

Thanks as always, for stopping by to visit.
It makes me so happy that you do!!


Best...Laura aka hastypearl




No comments:

Post a Comment