Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mixed Media Fiber Art "Rest" Hastypearl




Mixed Media Fiber Art

"Rest"

Hastypearl


The internet is an interesting world.
A facilitator for friend making, for sure.

I don't remember how it happened, but I started chatting with an artist a while back.
Because such things seem destined to happen...
we became Friends.

Along the way, I learned that she had been sick. Really sick.
After a time of health, it seems that she is in for another fight for survival.


She recently posted a picture of herself, during an infusion.
The picture was just of her feet.

I've seen the chairs that you sit in during those treatments, some of you have been there.

I thought...wouldn't it be nice, if she had a really comfy sofa to stretch out on.


I thought that in my way, I could do that for her.

I made this simple stitched piece as a surprise for her.

Its flying its way to her Right Now...


During times of battle, its hard to imagine simultaneously finding... Rest.
Battle and Rest don't exactly seem like compatibles...

but you Know, that you Have To Find Rest.

Not necessarily the kind that happens in a bed or chair...
but the kind where your questions stop, 
and your Trust Takes Over.

I stitched the word Rest, on the piece and for the personal sentiment on the back, 
as I often do, 
I turned to the Old Testament...
which for me, is always so full of Wisdom.

David said,

My Soul finds Rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress,
I will never be shaken.

Know someone that needs Rest?

Thankfully, its Available.


To those of us, who are in battles...
Find Rest....

xoxo Laura














No comments:

Post a Comment