Sunday, March 2, 2014

Vintage Button Jewelry Mixed Media Fun! Hastypearl


Vintage Button Jewelry

Mixed Media Fun!



I know girls, that say that they like the "shiny stuff", and they will wiggle their ring fingers.

Well, my idea of the "shiny stuff" includes a more inexpensive kind of facet...
and that would include...Buttons.

Specifically...Vintage Buttons!

Its true, that every era, has decorated their clothing with objects of interest, and from the early days on...some kind of button was not only used for its closure function...but for interest and decoration, too.

I love a Large Coat Button, popular in the 40's and 50's and of course, the Victorians used fanciful buttons for everything ...including men's shirts and cuffs.

I've been making Button Brooches and Pins for myself for a long time, but it wasn't until this week, that I actually made some and listed them in my Etsy shop, called hastypearl.



These two Brooches, were made from combinations of Clear Buttons.
Look at the variety of textures and shapes.
They just Amaze me!



I've seen a lot of Brooches that are round shaped and maybe three buttons stacked on top of each other, but I wanted to do something more interesting than that.

The rectangle pin below has an added Art Nouveau shaped charm that dangles and I love that it makes a little sound when it taps the buttons next to it.


I added glass, silver and rhinestone beads to bring in a little sparkle to the mix, but with the amazing shapes of the buttons, they don't really need that much help!



You can wear them with anything really.
I put them on my coats and blouses, and it never hurts to dress up a cashmere sweater...either!




Thought you might enjoy seeing one of my latest additions to Hastypearl Etsy.

These make great gifts that don't cost quite as much as the other "shiny stuff"!
I hope you will click on over to my shop and see what I've been up to :)

Stay warm every one.
It cant be that much longer until Spring!




xoxo Laura
  









2 comments: