Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Textures! Hastypearl

 
Textures!
 
hastypearl
 
 
An artist is always looking.
Gathering.
 
There's nothing better or more enjoyable to execute than a good, clean line drawing, but our world, and most of what we take in visually, isn't just a "good, clean line drawing"!
 
The World is full of Depth and Texture...Thank Goodness!
 
I was recently in the mountains of Colorado, and along with the myriad pictures of flowers, I also at every turn saw...
Texture!
 
Maybe you will find inspiration in These pictures, or maybe they will Alert you to be watching for the amazing amount of Texture that you will pass, in every day.
 
 
 
 
Derelict 1800's building 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
Foundation on the building
 
 

 
 
Lichens and rust on the pipe for the Mill
 
 

 
 
Rivets...great pattern
 
 

 
 
 
Creature Highway, on a fallen log
 

 
 
 
Slice of a monstrous granite mound
 

 
 
Algae's and lichens on a stone fireplace 
 

 
 
Water rushing over the colorful rocks in the river
 

 
 
These are actually only a fraction of the Texture pictures, that I took!
 
Keep your eye out.
Don't miss it!
 
Texture is another of the many Gifts that we have to appreciate, in Every day!
 
Be amazed at how It will Inspire you:)
 
Thanks for stopping by my hastypearl blog!
 
I hope you will enjoy other images that I have collected on my hastypearl Pinterest boards, or check out some of the ways that I have used Texture in my art here!
 
Have a great day!
Laura
 
 
 
 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. What great shots. Looks like nobody does texture quite like Mother Nature herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yep, but it sure is fun to try to imitate:)

    ReplyDelete