Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weimaraner Mixed Media Watercolor Hastypearl

 
 
Weimaraner Mixed Media Watercolor
 
 
Well, some of you may have already read about this on my FB wall, but for those of you that haven't, I thought I would post it here.
 
This Mixed Media Watercolor project was inspired from a small text picture, that I received from a friend of mine.
 
She has a great sense of humor and when I read her doggy "voice over"...I cracked up!
 
You see, she has this Weimaraner grand dog, named Hudson.
 
Hudson's forever family has three children.
As happens, kids often dress their dogs.
 
It seems that Hudson found himself one day, in a navy hoodie.
 
The photo showed Hudson with stern resolve and dignity, looking and dreaming far into his future...  
 
The phrase my friend sent said,
"Some day, I will rise to my Rightful place in the Kingdom!"
 
Hilarious!
 
With his dignified stare, in spite of his humble human clothing...I immortalized Hudson on paper:)
 
 
I placed his Watercolor Portrait on some of my Hand Painted Watercolor Paper.
 
It was fun to look through my stash of goodies and build a bit of a story.
 
I loved that I found a perfect small chain.
Our dogs actually wear slip chains, made out of the Same Material.
 
I also made a little bundle of Royal Sticks.
Our puppy continually brings sticks up to the garage to chew on.
Dog's do that kind of stuff:)

 

 
So, from the Mere Hudson, he is now dubbed...
 
Hudson
 
Prince of His Kingdom
 
... or at least his 'hood!
 
 
I could spend my day, doing NOTHING but painting and creating!
Alas...that is impossible:)
 
Hope you enjoyed meeting, Prince Hudson!
 
I listed him yesterday if you know someone that has a love for canines... in hoodies:)
 
xoxo Laura  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment